What is Rubber Paving?
Rubber paving was first introduced to North America over 25 years ago. It is an efficient, inexpensive way to cover surfaces, and is made of old tire rubber.
Rubbertech Resurfacing uses 100% recycled rubber to fill unsightly cracks, grooves, and caused by salt and exposure. Rubber paving is advantageous for many reasons:
- It can be installed quickly and takes only a few days to dry.
- It is elastic and flexible, making it a perfect solution to avoid damage during the winter months or harsh weather. Its flexibility will also prevent cracking if the ground shifts.
- Rubber paving is extremely cost-effective because it does not require the original surface to be removed. Removing old pavement is costly, can ruin your lawn, and creates unnecessary waste in landfills. Repaving with rubber costs just as much as it would with asphalt, and is about 30 to 40 percent cheaper than concrete, pavers or brick work.
- In wet, icy, and snowy conditions, rubber paving provides excellent traction, outweighing concrete and asphalt.
- Rubbertech Resurfacing offers rubber paving in a variety of colours.
- Rubber paving is extremely easy to clean—whether it is sweeping dirt, raking leaves, or shovelling snow.
- Rubber paving is extremely low maintenance. In 20 years, it will look just as great as the first day it was installed.
Rubber paving is a great option if you’re looking for a safe, eco-friendly way to repave. For children’s playgrounds, rubber paving is an excellent choice. The pavement’s non-slip feature, combined with the rubber’s natural shock absorption, ensures safety for your children. In addition, the rubber’s easy-to-clean surface keeps a tidy playground, free of rocks or debris.